|Title:||Software Engineer II|
|Department/Labor Location:||4.0P Airworthiness Operations|
|Location:||Corporate Headquarters - California, MD|
AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Defense Contracting Firm, is seeking highly motivated and talented Software Engineer (Mid-Level) to support the NAVAIR 4.0 Airworthiness Office out of Patuxent River, MD.
A typical day as a Software Engineer:
- Implement software features as part of a Scrum team:
- Writing user stories in collaboration with the customer
- Planning sprints
- Developing features and presenting them
- Repair bugs
- Support the development effort
- Participate in required Scrum Ceremonies
- Daily stand-up/Scrum
- Sprint reviews
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Backlog refinement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 Years of Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in full stack software development
- Front-end web development experience using Angular6 (TypeScript), HTML5, and SCSS
- Advantage knowledge of server-side implementation using NodeJS, including routing frameworks such as Express
- Knowledge of OOP (Classes, Interfaces, methods, overriding, inheritance, encapsulation, cohesion)
- Thorough understanding of REST API concepts and conventions
- Experience in GIT source control
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience in microservice architecture and Docker containerization
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or a derivative. OpenShift product experience is preferred
- Databases skills with MongoDB and Mongoose object modeling
- Experience with build tools npm and maven
- Experience in XSLT, preferably using Saxon Java library
- Experience working in agile environments, especially on a Scrum team using Atlassian software (JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Development of Android and iOS mobile apps using those platforms’ respective languages and tooling
- Ability to rapidly implement web-based applications from wireframe mockups and design prototypes
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related major from an accredited university
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Software Engineer II.
AMEWAS participates with E-Verify.
AMEWAS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
About the Organization
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran owned company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers’ needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS has 4.8/5 stars on Glassdoor! Check out our reviews HERE and see what other job seekers have to say!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Generous tuition and training assistance program
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
If interested, please submit your application.