|Title:||System Administrator II|
|Physical Location:||Patuxent River, MD|
AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Defense Contracting Firm, is seeking highly motivated and talented System Administrator II to support the N00421-14-C-0038.
A typical day as a System Administrator II:
- The tasks and skills required will vary daily based on the project troubleshooting taking place.
- Primary duties will be regression testing software and hardware while working with software developers and operational units to develop and troubleshoot mission system software based on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system. This entails assisting in configuring system files or differentiating between hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Cable construction and testing is required regularly. After completing testing of new systems or software, concise and clear test reports on all findings must be written.
- You may also be asked to develop and deliver procedures for new processes based on knowledge gained during testing. Some network setup on LAN and some experience with WAN troubleshooting are used.
- Daily backup of inventory database and technical data repository are required.
- Regular end user support and system administration is completed on a small peer to peer Windows network. Printer, server, switch and NAS knowledge are often called upon. Assist in completing Information Assurance scans of all lab information systems and maintain updated signatures for standalone scanner of all external media.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of Relevant work experience
- DoD SECRET Security clearance required
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma
- CompTIA Security+ or comparable
The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Systems Administrator and Level II.
AMEWAS participates with E-Verify.
AMEWAS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About the Organization
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran owned company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers’ needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS has 4.8/5 stars on Glassdoor! Check out our reviews HERE and see what other job seekers have to say!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Generous tuition and training assistance program
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
If interested, please submit your application