|Title:||Information Assurance Specialist|
|Department/Labor Location:||AMEWAS (Corporate Office)|
|Physical Location:||Corporate Headquarters - California, MD|
AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Department of Defense (DoD)/ Federal Contractor, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to serve as an Information Systems Assurance Specialist to support our Corporate Headquarters.
Location: California, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4); to learn more about our surrounding location, please visit http://www.visitstmarysmd.com.
A typical day as the Information Assurance Specialist:
- Reviewing and preparing IA certification documentation.
- Review ACAS and SCAP vulnerability data and develop POA&M.
- Identifying potential vulnerabilities and develop mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with System Administers to ensure computer systems meet compliance requirements.
- Work with customers to integrate DoD IA requirements into their projects in a cost effective and sustainable manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years relatable experience
- Security+ certification is required
- CASP or CISSP certifications are highly desired
- Experience with DSS RMF process is a plus.
- US Citizenship and a current DoD SECRET security clearance
- Associates Degree
The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
The position is classified as AMEWAS labor category as an Information Assurance Specialist I
AMEWAS, Inc. participates in E-verify.
AMEWAS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About the Organization
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran owned company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS, we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers’ needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS has 4.8/5 stars on Glassdoor! Check out our reviews HERE and see what other job seekers have to say!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Generous tuition and training assistance program
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
If interested, please submit your application.
To learn more about our organization, please visit http://www.amewas.com.